This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3244 / 53°19'27"N
Longitude: -3.3273 / 3°19'38"W
OS Eastings: 311687
OS Northings: 381650
OS Grid: SJ116816
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z60.F0
Mapcode Global: WH769.VPQT
Entry Name: Stone Cottage (also known as Ffordd Dwr)
Listing Date: 30 April 2001
Last Amended: 30 April 2001
Source ID: 25080
Building Class: Domestic
Location: On the N side of Glanyrafon crossroads.
Traditional County: Flintshire
An C18 or early C19 cottage shown on the 1839 Tithe map.
A single-fronted 2-storey cottage of rubble stone with bigger quoins, and a slate roof with an end stone stack to the L rebuilt in brick. Windows are offset L of centre. The window in the lower storey has a top-hung casement in an earlier opening, with stone lintel. The doorway to the R has a wooden lintel and a door with vertical ribs to the lower part but the upper part is boarded with an inserted glazed panel. In the upper storey is a horizontal-sliding sash window beneath the eaves. A shed (belonging to Cartref) is attached to the R gable end. An added rear wing is set well back and projects from the rear of the L gable end.
Not inspected but survey by RCAHM Wales showed 2 rooms to the lower storey, but the smaller rear room had been partly taken down when the rear projection was built.
Listed as a rare surviving small cottage retaining vernacular character.
Other nearby listed buildings