This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3377 / 53°20'15"N
Longitude: -3.3496 / 3°20'58"W
OS Eastings: 310231
OS Northings: 383156
OS Grid: SJ102831
Mapcode National: GBR 5Y1V.M8
Mapcode Global: WH769.JC5M
Entry Name: Outbuilding on NE side of Home Farm at Talacre Abbey
Listing Date: 30 April 2001
Last Amended: 30 April 2001
Source ID: 25125
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: On the NE side of Home Farm.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Talacre Abbey was built 1824-9 by Thomas Jones, architect, for Sir Edward Mostyn, on the site of an earlier house. Jones also designed a number of estate buildings, including the Home Farm. The outbuilding was added to Home Farm in the third quarter of the C19, and is first shown on the 1871 Ordnance Survey, and possibly used partly as a dwelling.
A 2-storey building of rubble stone with larger quoins, and slate roof. The front has 2 sash windows under lintels in the lower storey and 2 former shuttered openings beneath the eaves. The L gable end has a boarded door under a wooden lintel in the lower storey and a loft door above.
Listed as an integral component of the buildings constituting Home Farm, and as one of the extensive listed outbuildings associated with Talacre Abbey.
Other nearby listed buildings