This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8385 / 51°50'18"N
Longitude: -5.0096 / 5°0'34"W
OS Eastings: 192756
OS Northings: 219825
OS Grid: SM927198
Mapcode National: GBR CJ.V821
Mapcode Global: VH1RD.31YY
Entry Name: Outbuilding on N side of service yard at Camrose House
Listing Date: 30 April 2001
Last Amended: 30 April 2001
Source ID: 25157
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Situated along left side of service yard at Camrose House, at right angles to lofted coach-house.
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Row of single storey possibly earlier C19 outbuildings, stables and loose boxes originally, and perhaps built sequentially from centre stable. Not marked on the Camrose Tithe map of 1839.
Outbuildings, rubble stone with slate roofs. Single storey long range, the two end sections apparently added. Right section has E end wall door between 2 vent loops and square window in gable apex, brick heads. Front wall windowless to extreme right, then door with 4-pane overlight. Then centre stable with square 6-pane window each side of door all with brick cambered heads. Beyond, to left is a coach-entry with broad cambered-arched brick head and double ledged doors. Left end section has straight joint and one tiny side window. Hipped end roof and door with cambered brick head.
Right end loose box with C19 thin trusses to roof. Loose box in second section. Centre stable with 4 stalls, two larger with brick partitions each side and 2 centre divided by chamfered post and partition. Cobbled floors.
Included as part of the three-sided court of buildings with important group value at Camrose House.
Other nearby listed buildings