This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2742 / 53°16'27"N
Longitude: -3.2607 / 3°15'38"W
OS Eastings: 316027
OS Northings: 375991
OS Grid: SJ160759
Mapcode National: GBR 5ZNK.VZ
Mapcode Global: WH76J.WYGS
Entry Name: Entrance piers and flanking walls at Pantasaph Friary
Listing Date: 25 May 2001
Last Amended: 25 May 2001
Source ID: 25252
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Set back from the road and bounding an area of tarmac and gardens in front of the friary. The entrance is to the SW.
Community: Whitford (Chwitffordd)
Traditional County: Flintshire
Probably contemporary with the friary buildings, which were constructed from 1858 to 1865.
A pair of square-section stone piers with dressed stone quoins and ornate capstones. These have 4-sided gablets with mouldings, their faces bearing stylised blind trefoils. The flanking rubble stone walls have 2 tiers of stone tile copings. The R wall runs E to the SW angle of St David's Church, whilst the L wall runs NW and terminates close to the SE angle of the guest-house with an end pier in the same style.
Listed for group value with Pantasaph Friary.
Other nearby listed buildings