This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3246 / 53°19'28"N
Longitude: -3.8309 / 3°49'51"W
OS Eastings: 278150
OS Northings: 382417
OS Grid: SH781824
Mapcode National: GBR 1YPZ.FY
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.4P1N
Entry Name: ,74,Mostyn Street,Llandudno,,,LL30 2SB
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 25315
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Part of a group of buildings between corner with Lloyd Street and corner with Market Street.
Built-Up Area: Llandudno
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
No 74 was formerly the Prince's Theatre, then cinema. Built 1864 as St George's Hall.
Former hall and theatre, now shop. Three-storey building, higher than flanking buildings. Steeply-pitched slate roofs; stucco front with projecting end bays. Eaves cornice with toothing and modillions. Series of small blocked segmental headed openings below. Recessed central bay with 4 segmentally-headed windows; balcony in front of this with iron balustrade with its top rail incorporating lions’ heads and a Greek key pattern. Each end bay with one segmental headed window of two-lights. Stringcourses at sill and impost levels. Large later C20 plate glass shop front on ground floor.
Part of a good group of C19 buildings in town's most important shopping street. Group value with adjacent listed buildings.
Other nearby listed buildings