This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3219 / 53°19'18"N
Longitude: -3.8102 / 3°48'36"W
OS Eastings: 279518
OS Northings: 382076
OS Grid: SH795820
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZT0.WX
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.FRTR
Entry Name: No. 5 Graig-y-Don Parade
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 25450
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Between Carmen Sylva Road and Queen's Road.
Built-Up Area: Llandudno
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
The Graig-y-Don area was not part of the Mostyn holdings in Llandudno. In June 1884, land was sold as freeholds, rather than the Mostyn leaseholds; 2210 acres (987.87ha) was sold in 3 days. All of Graig-y-Don Parade was built by the time of the OS map of 1888.
Belongs to a group of Nos. 2 - 17 Graig-y-Don Parade, Llandudno.
Three storeys, two bays with stuccoed render and crowning cornice; string courses. On second floor, two 4-pane sash windows without glazing bars and with moulded architrave and with stringcourse at cill level. First floor right hand bay with a sash window similar to second floor windows but larger; ground floor right hand bay with round-headed doorway with moulded architrave and pilasters; modern glazed door with sidelights; modern porch.
One of a terrace of 17 buildings, numbered starting from W end. Similar in design with the exception of No 1.
Glazing modernised on L side.
Listed as one of a large group of late C19 boarding houses on main sea front of the resort of Llandudno, retaining overall character.
Other nearby listed buildings