This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3219 / 53°19'18"N
Longitude: -3.809 / 3°48'32"W
OS Eastings: 279598
OS Northings: 382076
OS Grid: SH795820
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZV0.4X
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.GRDR
Entry Name: Britannia, No. 15 Graig-y-Don Parade
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 25459
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Between Carmen Sylva Road and Queen's Road.
Built-Up Area: Llandudno
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
The Graig-y-Don area was not part of the Mostyn holdings in Llandudno. In June 1884, land was sold as freeholds, rather than the Mostyn leaseholds; 2210 acres (987.87ha) were sold in 3 days. All of Graig-y-Don Parade was built by the time of the OS map of 1888.
Belongs to a group of Nos. 2 - 17 Graig-y-Don Parade, Llandudno.
Three storeys, two bays with stuccoed render and crowning cornice; string courses. On second floor, two 4-pane sash windows without glazing bars and with moulded architrave and with stringcourse at cill level. First floor right hand bay with a sash window similar to second floor windows but larger; ground floor right hand bay with round-headed doorway with moulded architrave and pilasters; modern glazed door with sidelights; modern porch.
One of a terrace of 17 buildings, numbered starting from W end. Similar in design with the exception of No 1.
As No. 12; modern glazing and door.
Listed as one of a large group of later C19 boarding houses on main sea front of the resort of Llandudno, retaining overall character.
Other nearby listed buildings