This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8126 / 51°48'45"N
Longitude: -4.4961 / 4°29'45"W
OS Eastings: 228030
OS Northings: 215606
OS Grid: SN280156
Mapcode National: GBR D6.WX18
Mapcode Global: VH3LL.0PYV
Entry Name: Green Park House, with wall and railings
Listing Date: 11 June 2001
Last Amended: 11 June 2001
Source ID: 25483
Building Class: Domestic
Location: House on the street line, behind small railed forecourt, opposite Lon y Prior.
Community: St. Clears (Sanclêr)
Community: St. Clears
Locality: St Clears
Built-Up Area: St Clears
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Early C19 town house, marked on the 1842 Tithe map.
Town house, roughcast rendered with pitched slated roof with crested terracotta ridge tiles and red brick end stacks. Two-storey, 3-window facade with 16-pane painted timber sashes throughout and centre entrance with stone step. Door with timber panels below, glazed above. Painted timber porch with distinctive elongated entablature within which is set minimal 4-centred bracing to latticed overlight on each face. Rear not inspected, but roof appears to slope down to ground floor rear with red brick stack to N.
Plain rendered dwarf wall in front with rendered, coped, square corner posts, and low spearheaded iron railings each side of central double gate with spear-headed lower section and scrollwork top bar.
Included as a late Georgian town house with original detail and good timber porch.
Other nearby listed buildings