This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3059 / 53°18'21"N
Longitude: -3.3675 / 3°22'3"W
OS Eastings: 308970
OS Northings: 379644
OS Grid: SJ089796
Mapcode National: GBR 4ZX6.QN
Mapcode Global: WH76H.75NG
Entry Name: Faenol Fach
Listing Date: 18 July 2001
Last Amended: 18 July 2001
Source ID: 25587
Building Class: Domestic
Location: In its own grounds on the E side of the churchyard.
Community: Trelawnyd and Gwaenysgor (Trelawnyd a Gwaenysgor)
Community: Trelawnyd and Gwaenysgor
Traditional County: Flintshire
Built as the Vicarage in 1842 (date inside building). A projecting bay was added in the S elevation in the third quarter of the C19 and is shown on the 1871 Ordnance Survey.
A 2-storey 3-bay house in Georgian manner, of rubble stone with bigger quoins, a hipped slate roof with projecting boarded eaves, and brick stacks behind R and L. Openings have flat stone arches, and the windows are 12-pane sashes in the lower storey, 9-pane in the upper storey. Original windows have hornless sashes, while replacements are horned sashes. The entrance elevation, facing the church to the W, has a projecting central storeyed porch with plain pediment. This has a doorway with a moulded stone cornice on fluted stone consoles and a fielded-panel door. Small casements are in the porch side walls. The R-hand bay of the house has blind windows, the L-hand bay has renewed sashes. The 2-bay R side wall has an added single-storey projecting bay lower L, which has a large 4-pane tripartite sash window under a stone lintel. The 2-bay L side wall has a renewed sash window upper L, blind window upper R, and an inserted window lower L. The rear has an added continuous single-storey lean-to under a hipped roof, with replaced window above in the upper storey, to the R of which is a small inserted window.
The porch leads into an entrance hall, on the L side of which is a straight stair with winders at the base, plain balusters and wreathed hand rail. Windows retain mainly original panelled shutters. Stone steps lead to a cellar, on the plastered wall of which is inscribed 'H Evans 1842'.
Listed for architectural interest as a mid C19 house retaining original character and detail.
Other nearby listed buildings