This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.306 / 53°18'21"N
Longitude: -3.3676 / 3°22'3"W
OS Eastings: 308969
OS Northings: 379658
OS Grid: SJ089796
Mapcode National: GBR 4ZX6.QL
Mapcode Global: WH76H.75NC
Entry Name: Stable at Faenol Fach
Listing Date: 18 July 2001
Last Amended: 18 July 2001
Source ID: 25588
Building Class: Domestic
Location: On the N side of the house.
Community: Trelawnyd and Gwaenysgor (Trelawnyd a Gwaenysgor)
Community: Trelawnyd and Gwaenysgor
Traditional County: Flintshire
The house was built in 1842 as the vicarage. The stable is contemporary and is shown with the house on the 1844 Tithe map.
A rubble-stone stable with hipped slate roof. Original openings have mainly segmental heads with stone voussoirs. Facing S to a small yard and the house are replaced double doors at the R end, L of which is a replaced 2-light window beneath a wood-vented loft opening. Next L is a stable door, then double doors under a lintel concealed by wooden fascia. An added lean-to is at the L end. Against the R end is an added loose box with round-headed doorway and stable door, and a small replaced window in its end wall. The rear of the main range has a boarded door to the centre and a loft window inserted to the R in the late C19.
Listed as a C19 stable range retaining original character, and for group value with the house.
Other nearby listed buildings