This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.918 / 51°55'4"N
Longitude: -5.066 / 5°3'57"W
OS Eastings: 189250
OS Northings: 228823
OS Grid: SM892288
Mapcode National: GBR CG.P631
Mapcode Global: VH1QZ.42P0
Entry Name: Tre-howell
Listing Date: 27 July 2001
Last Amended: 27 July 2001
Source ID: 25607
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated at the end of a drive NE off the minor road from Newton Cross some 1.8 km to the SE.
Community: Hayscastle (Cas-lai)
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Late C18 to early C19 farmhouse. Marked on the St Edrins Tithe map of 1842 as a holding of 84 acres (34 hectares) owned by George Roch and occupied by Thomas Morse.
Farmhouse, cement washed rubble stone with grouted slate roofs and stone end stacks. Main range is two-storey, three-window range with 9-pane sashes above and 12-pane below. Cambered heads. Centre half-glazed door in mid C20 concrete porch. Stone voussoirs with thin curved dripstones to ground floor windows.
Low service wing to left with massive square rubble stone left stack. C20 door to right and small 4-pane window, both with stone voussoirs. Eaves at left have been cut back to make concrete platform for oil tank.
Included as a traditional farmhouse with cemented slate roof and small paned Georgian windows.
Other nearby listed buildings