This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0785 / 52°4'42"N
Longitude: -3.3177 / 3°19'3"W
OS Eastings: 309793
OS Northings: 243061
OS Grid: SO097430
Mapcode National: GBR YS.C7NX
Mapcode Global: VH6BF.F0XX
Entry Name: Erwood Hall
Listing Date: 3 August 2001
Last Amended: 3 August 2001
Source ID: 25650
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on E side of main road at S end of the village.
Town: Builth Wells
Community: Erwood (Errwd)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Earlier C19 smaller gentry house. Marked on the Crickadarn Tithe map of 1842 as a holding of 58 acres (23.47 hectares) owned and occupied by David Evans.
House, grey coursed squared stone with slate roofs and stone end stacks, the right end stack L-plan as the gable end breaks back. Two-storeys and attic, three-window range. Two added flat-roofed dormers with paired 4-pane casements. Georgian style formal front elevation, with centre pediment, painted timber modillion verges and moulded base, and lunette window with stone voussoirs. Ground and first floor casement windows with stone voussoirs, 6/6-pane above, 8/8-pane to ground floor. Centre door with fanlight and stone voussoir within earlier C20 stone enclosed flat-roofed porch with plain stepped cornice, large front arched doorway with stone voussoirs, radiating-bar fanlight and half-glazed double doors with side-lights.
C20 two-storey flat-roofed stone addition to right, one-window range to front and to S side. Rear wing with end stack.
Not available for inspection. Centre hall plan with principal rooms each side and staircase to rear.
Included, notwithstanding extension to right, as a formal late Georgian house with well-detailed stonework.
Other nearby listed buildings