This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7936 / 51°47'36"N
Longitude: -2.7473 / 2°44'50"W
OS Eastings: 348557
OS Northings: 210813
OS Grid: SO485108
Mapcode National: GBR FJ.YC4D
Mapcode Global: VH870.B5GV
Entry Name: Cross in St Wonnow's churchyard
Listing Date: 27 September 2001
Last Amended: 27 September 2001
Source ID: 25762
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: About 20m N of the church of St Wonnow
Community: Mitchel Troy (Llanfihangel Troddi)
Community: Mitchel Troy
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
Medieval base, otherwise all post-1865, when it was restored in memory of Sir William, 8th Baronet of Chevet and Dame Mary Milborne Swinnerton-Pilkington his wife.
Sandstone. Square plan, with 2 broad steps of flagstones, a monolithic base with broach-stop corners, and a tall octagonal shaft finished with a collar and a Gothic-style cross. On the W side of the base is a bronze plaque stating that it was restored in commemoration of Sir William 8th Baronet of Chevet and Dame Mary Milborne Swinnerton-Pilkington his wife.
Included for group value with the church.
Other nearby listed buildings