This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.005 / 52°0'17"N
Longitude: -4.9951 / 4°59'42"W
OS Eastings: 194518
OS Northings: 238298
OS Grid: SM945382
Mapcode National: GBR CJ.HZLH
Mapcode Global: VH1QF.CVMV
Entry Name: Lifeboat Memorial
Listing Date: 7 January 2002
Last Amended: 7 January 2002
Source ID: 26068
Building Class: Commemorative
Location: Situated on retaining wall to New Hill, at head of Station Hill.
Community: Fishguard and Goodwick (Abergwaun ac Wdig)
Community: Fishguard and Goodwick
Built-Up Area: Goodwick
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Set of 4 memorial plaques to lives saved by successive Fishguard lifeboats from 1856 to 1961, presumably installed in late C19 or early C20.
Four slate plaques with gilded incised lettering, set into retaining wall of approximately 30m length, with slate sill below. First plaque has list of lives saved by the Fishguard No 1 lifeboats 1856-92. Second plaque is longer, lives saved by the No 2 lifeboat 1885-1915, third plaque is of lives saved 1917-56 and the fourth of lives saved 1957-61.
Included for historical interest as memorial to over a century of lives saved by the Fishguard lifeboats.
Other nearby listed buildings