This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.285 / 53°17'5"N
Longitude: -3.4113 / 3°24'40"W
OS Eastings: 306005
OS Northings: 377374
OS Grid: SJ060773
Mapcode National: GBR 4ZMG.74
Mapcode Global: WH76G.KPRJ
Entry Name: Tan-llan Farmhouse Range
Listing Date: 11 January 2002
Last Amended: 11 January 2002
Source ID: 26089
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: At south side of the Cwm to Rhyl road, about 600 m west of Cwm Parish Church. Compact group of house and outbuilding; detached barn at right angles to rear, shed at front against boundary wall.
Locality: Cwm, Dyserth
Traditional County: Flintshire
A small C18 farmhouse with a larger C19 block added to the east and a low agricultual range in tandem at the west. In 1844 this was recorded as the house of a 45 acre (18 hectares) holding on the Mostyn estate.
A farmhouse range facing north to a small yard parallel to the road, with a stone outhouse backing on to the road.
The part at left (east) is a C19 taller domestic addition to an earlier domestic range, the present entrance door to both being within an informally constructed porch at the left of the latter. Both parts are in local axe-dressed limestone with roofs of small slates, tile ridges and brick end chimneys. The original part to its right has traces of limewash.
The part at left has a symmetrical front elevation of three windows at first storey and two at ground storey. Timber bargeboards. Unequal-sash widows above and below, the outer windows of nine panes, the middle one of six panes. Stone lintels. The lower and earlier adjacent part has sliding sash windows top left, other windows restored; this part much concealed by ivy.
The agricultural range at right is in local slatey stone (asbestos sheet roof). Brick-arched cart-opening right of centre; semi-glazed openings at left, door at right.
The house range of a small C18/C19 farmstead, which has largely retained its character.
Other nearby listed buildings