This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1898 / 53°11'23"N
Longitude: -3.1586 / 3°9'30"W
OS Eastings: 322683
OS Northings: 366487
OS Grid: SJ226664
Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.316V
Mapcode Global: WH775.G24Y
Entry Name: Stable to W of main stable yard at Gwysaney
Listing Date: 31 January 2002
Last Amended: 31 January 2002
Source ID: 26172
Building Class: Domestic
Location: To the W of Stable Cottage on the NW side of the main house.
Community: Halkyn (Helygain)
Traditional County: Flintshire
Gwysaney is a Jacobean mansion built in 1603, although the present group of outbuildings belong principally to the revival of the Gwysaney Estate in the C19 by the Davies-Cooke family. The stable was built in the third quarter of the C19 and is first shown on the 1870 Ordnance Survey.
Lofted stable of tooled snecked stone and graded slate roof behind stepped gables. The front has 3 doorways under stone lintels, all with boarded doors but replaced in the R-hand. Further R is a window with rock-faced segmental head, small-pane metal-framed glazing and sliding vents. At the L end are double half-glazed boarded doors under a stone lintel. Three ventilation strips are in the loft to the centre. The end and rear walls are rubble stone. Against the L gable end is an added lean-to greenhouse, above which are 2 ventilation strips. The rear has a loft doorway under a gablet to the L side.
Listed as a well-detailed and well-preserved C19 stable and for group value with other associated listed items at Gwysaney.
Other nearby listed buildings