This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1789 / 53°10'43"N
Longitude: -3.1539 / 3°9'13"W
OS Eastings: 322980
OS Northings: 365263
OS Grid: SJ229652
Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.3NDZ
Mapcode Global: WH775.JCCB
Entry Name: ,3,Red Houses,Gwysaney,Holywell,,
Listing Date: 31 January 2002
Last Amended: 31 January 2002
Source ID: 26180
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Set back on the N side of the junction between the A 541 and Blackbrook Road.
Community: Halkyn (Helygain)
Traditional County: Flintshire
Built in 1911 (date on building) for Philip Tatton Davies-Cooke of Gwysaney, and on the site of an earlier row of estate houses shown on the 1870 Ordnance Survey as Tai-cochion.
Gwysaney was built in 1603 but the historic character of the estate is derived principally from its redevelopment and enlargement after Philip Davies-Cooke inherited Gwysaney in 1821.
Listed as well-detailed early C20 estate houses retaining strong original character, providing a contrast with the size and scale of earlier estate houses, and for their contribution to the historic character of the Gwysaney Estate.
Other nearby listed buildings