This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6727 / 51°40'21"N
Longitude: -4.701 / 4°42'3"W
OS Eastings: 213332
OS Northings: 200562
OS Grid: SN133005
Mapcode National: GBR GF.7PZ0
Mapcode Global: VH2PS.G7M0
Entry Name: ,6,High Street,,Tenby,,SA70 7EU
Listing Date: 26 April 1977
Last Amended: 28 March 2002
Source ID: 26296
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Facing the sea at the NW end of the High Street some 25m from the junction with Crackwell Street.
Community: Tenby (Dinbych-y-pysgod)
Built-Up Area: Tenby
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Terraced house now commercial premises with flats over. Probably earlier C19 altered in late C19, and apparently of one build with No 5. Recorded in 1851 as occupied by Catherine Butler, spinster, but possibly rebuilt in 1854 as reference is made to the collapse of a wall at a house being built by the builder J M Henton next door to Mr Walkington's, which has been identified as No 7. A lodging house in 1881, occupied by Miss Annie Davies in 1911. Shop was occupied for over a century from at least 1876 by 'Stephen Davies, tailor and outfitter', also at no 9 in 1876. Old photograph of c1912 shows small-paned windows to the oriel and essentially same shop front.
Terraced house with ground floor shop. Unpainted rendered street elevation of 4 storeys with slightly projected parapet and slate gabled roof with red brick chimney to right. Two horned plate glass sash windows to third floor, a single central 2-storey canted oriel window on main floors. C20 cornice and glazing to oriel at second floor, moulded cornice and sash windows with small-paned upper sashes to first floor. Formerly the windows were 8-12-8-pane sashes. Ground floor shop front with house door to left. Six-panel door and overlight. C20 shop with recessed centre entry. Three stucco pilasters framing door and shop, plain fascia with cornice continued around base of oriel.
Included for group value as part of the seafront stuccoed terrace prominent in views across the North Beach.
Other nearby listed buildings