This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2201 / 53°13'12"N
Longitude: -3.3609 / 3°21'39"W
OS Eastings: 309234
OS Northings: 370090
OS Grid: SJ092700
Mapcode National: GBR 6Q.1042
Mapcode Global: WH76W.BBV8
Entry Name: Lychgate and Steps to St Stephen's Church
Listing Date: 16 November 1962
Last Amended: 12 April 2002
Source ID: 26481
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: To the south-west of St Stephen's Church
Locality: Bodfari Village
Traditional County: Flintshire
The flight of steps connecting the village with the church must originate with the church, but when the church was rebuilt in 1865 to the design of T. H. Wyatt he designed the lychgate and the rebuild of the steps.
A lightly constructed timber-framed lychgate of two bays, with gables to front and rear. Slate roof overhanging at verges, with surviving iron finial at rear. The timber frame is painted black, with Gothic inserts painted white. Iron-spiked timber gates at front. Side seats. Flagged paving.
At the rear there are steps rising to the church, in two flights with a landing between. Stone posts and rails to the sides, also seats at each side of the landing.
Listed for group value with St Stephen's Church, and as a feature in a village centre of conservation importance.
Other nearby listed buildings