This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2347 / 53°14'5"N
Longitude: -3.3657 / 3°21'56"W
OS Eastings: 308942
OS Northings: 371727
OS Grid: SJ089717
Mapcode National: GBR 6P.0BXM
Mapcode Global: WH76P.8YJK
Entry Name: Nant-gwilym-uchaf
Listing Date: 12 April 2002
Last Amended: 12 April 2002
Source ID: 26483
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Reached by a minor road from Delfryn, about 400 m north-east of the Tremeirchion to Bodfari road. Nant-gwilym-uchaf is below the road; farm building to east, garden to south.
Traditional County: Flintshire
The late C18 or early C19 farmhouse of a small farm, recorded in 1843 as part of the estate of the Hon. Edward Mostyn Lloyd Mostyn, tenanted by Thomas Salisbury with about 30 acres (12.2 hectares).
A two-storey, two window small farmhouse in brick with a slate roof and brick end chimneys. The gables are also coped in brick. At rear a catslide extension to the roof is carried on framing of unwrought timber. At first floor level at the front is a plat-band of three brickwork courses; the eaves are decorated with a dentil course.
Boarded front door a little offset to the left, horizontally sliding sash windows in the front elevation and the gable ends.
A minor farmhouse of the late C18 or early C19, which has retained its historical character well.
Other nearby listed buildings