This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8984 / 51°53'54"N
Longitude: -4.3419 / 4°20'30"W
OS Eastings: 238964
OS Northings: 224798
OS Grid: SN389247
Mapcode National: GBR DD.QKNT
Mapcode Global: VH3L8.PKG1
Entry Name: Knightsford Farm
Listing Date: 8 July 2002
Last Amended: 8 July 2002
Source ID: 26739
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Near a junction of minor roads some 800m NE of the Church of St Michael at Newchurch.
Community: Newchurch and Merthyr (Llannewydd a Merthyr)
Community: Newchurch and Merthyr
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Farmhouse probably of the earlier C19. Marked on the Newchurch Tithe map of 1847 as part of the Rhydy marchog estate of 105 acres (42.5 hectares) owned by Louisa Bowes Morgan and occupied by Thomas Rees.
Farmhouse, white-painted roughcast or render, with close-eaved slate hipped roof and rendered end stacks. Two-storey, 4-window front of small 4-pane sashes above, and C20 French windows below, apart from 4-pane sash in second bay. Rendered right end wall. Rear has hipped stair tower set to left with small-paned Gothic stair light. Outshut each side, small section to left has one ground floor casement. Two-storey range to right has renewed 12-pane horned sashes, 2 square sashes to upper floor left and right, 2 to ground floor right and centre, door to left. A C20 link to single-storey cottage range, possibly the original house on site, with C20 small ridge stack. Cottage has 2 double fronted sections with C20 casements each side of doors, the stack between the two.
Not available for inspection.
Included for its architectural interest as an earlier C19 house with unusual Gothic stair window.