This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2169 / 53°13'0"N
Longitude: -3.2501 / 3°15'0"W
OS Eastings: 316624
OS Northings: 369598
OS Grid: SJ166695
Mapcode National: GBR 6V.190T
Mapcode Global: WH76Y.1DMQ
Entry Name: Coach House at Rectory Cottage
Listing Date: 30 August 2002
Last Amended: 30 August 2002
Source ID: 26911
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Set back from the road on the W side of the Old Rectory.
Traditional County: Flintshire
The Old Rectory is an C18 house extended in 1813, and partially combined with Rectory Cottage in the late C20. The coach house is early C19, and was possibly built when the rectory was extended in 1813. It is shown on the 1838 Tithe map.
A lofted rubble-stone coach house with slate roof. Openings have brick heads. The main carriage doorway to the L of centre has an elliptical arch and double boarded doors with strap hinges. Above it is a boarded loft opening beneath the eaves. To its L are external stone steps, part renewed, to a boarded loft door at the L end. Further R are another boarded loft opening and a stable door under a segmental head. The L gable end is rendered and abuts the conservatory to the house. The R gable end has a small boarded opening, while the rear, facing the garden of Tyn-Llan, has a boarded loft opening R of centre beneath the eaves.
Listed as a well-preserved coach house retaining C19 character and as part of a group of buildings S of the church contributing historic character to the village.
Other nearby listed buildings