This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2115 / 53°12'41"N
Longitude: -3.2351 / 3°14'6"W
OS Eastings: 317612
OS Northings: 368986
OS Grid: SJ176689
Mapcode National: GBR 6W.1LN9
Mapcode Global: WH76Y.8JQT
Entry Name: Cow house at Gelli Bach
Listing Date: 30 August 2002
Last Amended: 30 August 2002
Source ID: 26916
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: On the N side of the house.
Traditional County: Flintshire
A Penbedw Estate farm building dated 1895, and represents one of several farmsteads on the estate improved by Henry Buddicom after he inherited Penbedw in 1893. Gelli Bach is a C19 roadside smallholding shown on the 1871 Ordnance Survey, when it had an agricultural range on the site of the present cow house. The present cow house is shown on the 1899 second edition.
A rubble-stone cow house with bullnose brick dressings and brick quoins, and slate roof with an inserted small skylight. Facing the yard are 3 segmental-headed doorways with boarded doors. A small blockwork shed is added to the R end. The R gable end has, to the R of the added shed, a segmental-headed metal-framed window incorporating sliding vents, above which is a tablet with 'H&S B 1895' in raised letters and numerals. The rear elevation has a similar metal-framed window to the L and a boarded door to the R. A blockwork projection is built against the L gable end.
Listed as a well-preserved cow house retaining estate character, and forming a complete small farmstead with the house.
Other nearby listed buildings