Sundial in St Tyrnog's Churchyard
A Grade II Listed Building in Llandyrnog, Denbighshire
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1754 / 53°10'31"N
Longitude: -3.3364 / 3°20'10"W
OS Eastings: 310776
OS Northings: 365087
OS Grid: SJ107650
Mapcode National: GBR 6R.3S2B
Mapcode Global: WH772.QGG1
Entry Name: Sundial in St Tyrnog's Churchyard
Listing Date: 22 October 2002
Last Amended: 22 October 2002
Source ID: 27015
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Close to the south-west corner of St Tyrnog's Church.
Locality: Llandyrnog Village
Built-Up Area: Llandyrnog
Traditional County: Denbighshire
The sundial plate carries the inscription Latitude 53, the date 1749, and the maker's name Ratcliff, Holywell.
A sandstone shaft about 1½ m high, with chamfered arrisses and a slight swelling at the top. It carries a bronze sundial plate the gnomon of which is broken.
Reasons for Listing
Listed for group value with St Tyrnog's church
Other nearby listed buildings
In the churchyard of St Tyrnog, to the west side of the church.
Church of St Tyrnog
In village of Llandyrnog, in a graveyard which now extends beyond a lane to the east; part lost to road widening at west. Stone churchyard wall with steps up at west; war memorial and sundial within t
Nos 4 and 5 Church Square, Llandyrnog
In the village of Llandyrnog, on the west side of the village street opposite the church.
Lychgate of St Tyrnog
At north-west of St Tyrnog's churchyard
½km south-west of the village of Llandyrnog; former farm buildings to rear
Capel y Dyffryn
¾ km north of Llandyrnog village, west of the crossroads, at south side of road. Low wall and railings at front; former manse and school/vestry at west.
Ty Capel y Dyffryn
To the side of Capel Dyffryn, to which it is linked by a wall; similar low wall and railings at front to those of the chapel.
Located at the northern boundary of the community, set back from the road within its own grounds; accessed via a drive leading from a lodge on the road.