This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3648 / 52°21'53"N
Longitude: -3.1379 / 3°8'16"W
OS Eastings: 322615
OS Northings: 274691
OS Grid: SO226746
Mapcode National: GBR B0.S441
Mapcode Global: VH68Z.KTHJ
Entry Name: Upper Hall
Listing Date: 15 January 2003
Last Amended: 24 August 2004
Source ID: 80817
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Approximately 0.5km NW of Heyop church, on the N side of a minor road to Llangunllo.
Community: Beguildy (Bugeildy)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
Built c1862 to replace an earlier farmhouse demolished to make way for the Central Wales Railway. The carved sandstone head over the rear doorway is said to have been brought from the porch of the old house, although its character suggests an ecclesiastical origin.
A late-Georgian style 3-storey farmhouse with lower rear wing forming an L-shaped plan. The main range is roughcast with quoins and architraves, and has a hipped slate roof with tall square stacks to the rear. The rubble-stone rear wing has a gabled slate roof and end stack. The symmetrical 3-bay front has a central panelled door under a 2-pane overlight. Windows are 12-pane hornless sashes in the lower and middle storeys, and square 6-pane sashes in the upper storey. The end walls have 12-pane sash windows in the lower and middle storeys only. The 3-window rear wing has replaced windows under segmental heads in the middle storey, and a single replaced rectangular window above. Across the lower storey is an added lean-to, above which is a carved stone head.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a C19 farmhouse retaining strong Georgian-style character.
Other nearby listed buildings