Mounting block at N entrance to Llanegwad churchyard
A Grade II Listed Building in Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8716 / 51°52'17"N
Longitude: -4.1519 / 4°9'6"W
OS Eastings: 251949
OS Northings: 221412
OS Grid: SN519214
Mapcode National: GBR DN.SBSK
Mapcode Global: VH3LK.Z7F2
Entry Name: Mounting block at N entrance to Llanegwad churchyard
Listing Date: 1 April 2003
Last Amended: 1 April 2003
Source ID: 81014
Building Class: Transport
Location: On the N side of the churchyard and immediately W of Red Lion.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Probably constructed in the second half of the C19, after the building of the new church in 1848-9.
A rubble-stone mounting block with dressed stone treads, much repointed.
Reasons for Listing
Listed for group value with the parish church and other listed items in the centre of Llanegwad contributing to the overall historic character of the village.
Other nearby listed buildings
On the N side of the churchyard, and the S side of the main road through the village.
Approximately 80m NNE of the parish church on the N side of the road through the village.
Church of St Egwad
On S side of village, in a churchyard overlooking Vale of River Tywi.
Stables and coach house at Tawelfan
At the rear (W) of the house.
In its own grounds approximately 200m NE of the parish church and on the S side of the road through
Abutting the NE side of Pont-ar-Gothi.
Spanning Afon Cothi in the centre of Pontargothi.
Church of the Holy Trinity
About 1km NE of Pontargothi, in churchyard on the E side of a minor road and N bank of Afon Cothi.