This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1012 / 52°6'4"N
Longitude: -4.0597 / 4°3'34"W
OS Eastings: 259022
OS Northings: 246768
OS Grid: SN590467
Mapcode National: GBR DS.9PNT
Mapcode Global: VH4GX.LG51
Entry Name: Ram Inn
Listing Date: 19 May 2003
Last Amended: 23 June 2003
Source ID: 81042
Building Class: Commercial
Location: At the SE end of Cwmann, at a junction of the A482 with a minor road.
Built-Up Area: Cwmann
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Probably early C19 and shown on the 1841 Tithe map as a house. By 1888 it was the Plas Newydd Inn, acquiring the name Ram Inn at a later date.
A 2-storey 2-window public house of whitened rubble stone, stone-tile roof to the front slope, slate to the rear, and end stone stacks. The openings are offset to the R side, and are beneath wooden lintels. Windows are 9-pane sashes flanking a central boarded door beneath a plain replaced overlight. The R gable end is rendered, has inserted windows and a panel with ''''Ram Inn'''' in raised letters. An added single-storey gabled projection is to the R side. The L gable end has a 4-pane sash window lower R and small-pane sash window upper L. Continuous with the L gable end is a 2-window rear wing, which has a replaced window lower R and small-pane sash windows in the upper storey. Attached to the rear wing is a former lofted stable, now restaurant, of rendered walls and slate roof, with late C20 windows but retaining a loft opening to the rear gable end.
Listed as a well-preserved early C19 public house retaining strong regional character, including rare surviving stone-tile roof, in a prominent location.
Other nearby listed buildings