This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8182 / 52°49'5"N
Longitude: -3.4195 / 3°25'10"W
OS Eastings: 304431
OS Northings: 325465
OS Grid: SJ044254
Mapcode National: GBR 6M.VHTX
Mapcode Global: WH78S.FFWB
Entry Name: Nant-yr-angell
Listing Date: 23 May 2003
Last Amended: 23 May 2003
Source ID: 81053
Building Class: Domestic
Location: At south side of the road from Llangynog bridge to Rhyd-y-felin, about 1 km west of the bridge, set slightly back from the road.
Community: Llangynog (LLangynog)
Locality: Cwm Dwygo
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
A late C18 or early C19 pair of cottages, altered to (or occupied as) a farmhouse and noted in 1839 as a the farmhouse of a smallholding, part of the property of Catherine Davies, and occupied by Edward Evans with about 4 acres. The building subsequently appears to have reverted to cottages, and is noted on the 1886 map, and in R E Lloyd's memoirs of the late C19/early C20, as two dwellings. The building is now again a single dwelling. The left door opening at front has been converted to a window opening.
A two-unit building of uncoursed local slate masonry, painted white at front. Slate roof with tile ridge and end-chimneys. Lean-to annexe with sheeted roof at each end.
The two upper windows are small-pane casements immediately beneath eaves, in openings aligned with the outer openings beneath. Boarded door and three pairs of casements below, one in a former door opening. Boarded door to each lean-to annexe.
A pair of late vernacular cottages which have been converted to one house, but have retained their character.
Other nearby listed buildings