This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8368 / 52°50'12"N
Longitude: -4.094 / 4°5'38"W
OS Eastings: 259039
OS Northings: 328638
OS Grid: SH590286
Mapcode National: GBR 5R.T7ZF
Mapcode Global: WH560.2YQN
Entry Name: Gwern Einion
Listing Date: 23 May 2003
Last Amended: 23 May 2003
Source ID: 81080
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Set at the E side of a country lane off a narrow road which leads ENE off the A496 at Pont Pen-y-sarn-hir.
Traditional County: Merionethshire
Late C18 or early C19 farmhouse. Recorded in the tithe apportionment of the parish, 1849, as an extensive farmstead of 187 acres (75.7 hectares) owned by Edward Owen and occupied by William Parry.
Two-storey farmhouse, now with lean-to addition at L (N) gable. Built of roughly coursed squared rubble masonry with large stones as quoins and lintels. Modern slate roof with advanced eaves and gables, small rooflights set in the front pitch; rectangular stone stacks with dripstones and capping. The principal elevation is a 3-window range of widely spaced windows and central doorway. The ground floor windows are horned sash windows of 16-panes, the first floor has unequal sash windows of 12-panes. The door is centrally placed and there is a single doorway in the front wall of the lean-to addition.
The interior could not be inspected at the time of the survey.
Listed as a good late C18 or early C19 farmhouse which retains its original character in plan and form.
Other nearby listed buildings