This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8005 / 52°48'1"N
Longitude: -3.3983 / 3°23'53"W
OS Eastings: 305826
OS Northings: 323470
OS Grid: SJ058234
Mapcode National: GBR 6N.WP07
Mapcode Global: WH78S.RVZX
Entry Name: Ty-brith
Listing Date: 23 May 2003
Last Amended: 23 May 2003
Source ID: 81220
Location: At the roadside at north of the B4396, 1 km north-east of the church of St Illog. Small walled enclosure at front with entrance at side; nearby partly ruinous farm buildings.
Community: Pen-y-Bont-Fawr (Pen-y-bont-fawr)
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Probably late C18, in an isolated roadside location. A small farmhouse (homestead, garden etc.) of ''estate'' character, noted in 1839 as the property of Edward Edwards and tenanted by Robert Jones with about 75 acres (30.38 hectares).
The house appears to have been restored when the front central window was blocked and the brickwork reinforcement of the two front corners was carried out; by inference from the similarity of the bricks the chimney stacks were rebuilt as part of the same restoration.
A two-storey, originally three-window, farmhouse, in local axe-dressed slate stonework with a roof of small slates with tile ridge, moderate eaves projection, and red brick end-chimneys. The front corners are partly in red brickwork. The middle window at first storey has been walled up and the left side of the house has been rendered.
Small-pane mullion and transom windows aligned above and below, without sills, the lower windows with segmental arches, the upper windows against the eaves. Door centrally with slate roofed porch enclosed at the sides.
A small roadside farmhouse of estate character, which has been restored but retains its historic character.
Other nearby listed buildings