This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4956 / 51°29'44"N
Longitude: -3.2197 / 3°13'11"W
OS Eastings: 315421
OS Northings: 178110
OS Grid: ST154781
Mapcode National: GBR K7F.1T
Mapcode Global: VH6F6.4NQV
Entry Name: Garden Wall along the street front of Nos. 27 - 30 (consec)
Listing Date: 30 June 2003
Last Amended: 14 July 2004
Source ID: 81266
Location: Running along the street frontage at the north-west corner of The Cathedral Green.and forming a part of the setting of all the listed buildings there.
Community: Llandaff (Llandaf)
Built-Up Area: Cardiff
Traditional County: Glamorgan
Probably c1863, contemporary with Pendinas next door, and designed as part of the ensemble by Ewan Christian. It was the front garden wall of the Cathedral School which was founded in 1880 and was in the house until 1958 when it moved to its present premises (qv). The house, which previous to being the school had been known as Green Court, was demolished in c1985.
Wall of multi-coloured local rubblestone, with a triangular coping, about 1.5m in height.
Included for group value as a part of the setting for the other listed buildings on The Cathedral Green.
Other nearby listed buildings