This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3582 / 52°21'29"N
Longitude: -4.0212 / 4°1'16"W
OS Eastings: 262456
OS Northings: 275266
OS Grid: SN624752
Mapcode National: GBR 8V.SGLH
Mapcode Global: VH4FL.8Z1M
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 27 October 2003
Last Amended: 27 October 2003
Source ID: 81981
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated about 150m NNE of church.
Built-Up Area: Llanilar
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Vicarage of 1833 by George Clinton of Aberystwyth, an early example of a move away from Georgian classicism to slight Tudor detail.
Vicarage, unpainted roughcast with stucco dressings, slate roofs, with central axial ridge stack. Slightly Tudor style, 2-storey, 3-window range with projecting gabled centre bay. Windows are timber cross-mullioned each with four 4-pane lights, and surrounds have keystones. Centre projection has shallow gable and matching window above depressed-arched entry with keystone. Front door recessed behind C20 glazed door in porch opening. End gables have overhanging verges, right end with similar window above and small bay window below with cross-window to front and canted side-lights.
Rear has 2 parallel wings, joined. The left one has hipped roof to N and N end cross-window each floor with stone voussoirs, the lower one larger. Chimney on right, in valley to right wing which is of rubble stone with massive external stack and one small upper window to first floor left.
Not available for inspection at time of survey.
Included as a good example of an earlier C19 vicarage with original external detail surviving.
Other nearby listed buildings