This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.832 / 52°49'55"N
Longitude: -4.0685 / 4°4'6"W
OS Eastings: 260743
OS Northings: 328060
OS Grid: SH607280
Mapcode National: GBR 5S.TN5T
Mapcode Global: WH566.G2VQ
Entry Name: Penybont
Listing Date: 29 October 2003
Last Amended: 29 October 2003
Source ID: 82008
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located at the E side of the country road running along the Afon Artro Valley to Cwm Bychan; c1.5m NE of Pentre Gwynfryn.
Locality: Afon Artro Valley
Traditional County: Merionethshire
Probably C18 house, recorded in the tithe apportionment of the parish, 1841, as owned by R A Poole (part of the Cae Nest Estate) and occupied by William Davies. There was no land attached to the property, the small hamlet of Penybont was inhabited by several craftsmen, particularly leatherworkers, in the C19.
Two storey house built of coursed rubble masonry including long stones as quoins and lintels. Roof of small slates with stone copings and stone gable stacks with dripstones and capping. The principal elevation faces the road to the W, a 3-window range with openings offset to R (S). The doorway has a 4-paned casement to L and an enlarged opening to R which now houses a glazed door; 1st floor windows are small casements set directly under the eaves. There is a blocked ground floor window in the S gable.
The interior could not be inspected at the time of the survey.
Listed, notwithstanding some minor alterations, as a good rural house which retains a good traditional character.
Other nearby listed buildings