This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6775 / 51°40'38"N
Longitude: -4.2512 / 4°15'4"W
OS Eastings: 244448
OS Northings: 200034
OS Grid: SN444000
Mapcode National: GBR GQ.X8QW
Mapcode Global: VH3MH.83FC
Entry Name: Burry Port Harbour Light
Listing Date: 25 November 2003
Last Amended: 25 November 2003
Source ID: 82064
Location: On the W breakwater of Burry Port harbour.
Community: Pembrey and Burry Port Town (Pembre a Phorth Tywyn)
Community: Pembrey and Burry Port Town
Locality: Burry Port
Built-Up Area: Burry Port
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Burry Port was opened in 1832 and its E harbour was built as a floating dock in 1840. The harbour light was built in 1842 and is now disused.
A round harbour light of whitewashed rubble stone. On its N side is a steel door under a concrete lintel, with a stair light to the SE. At the upper level is a projecting and bracketed metal fence to a walkway. The polygonal lantern has a domed roof.
Listed as a well-preserved harbour light and for its contribution to the overall historic character of Burry Port harbour.
Other nearby listed buildings