This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8444 / 51°50'39"N
Longitude: -4.3443 / 4°20'39"W
OS Eastings: 238608
OS Northings: 218796
OS Grid: SN386187
Mapcode National: GBR DD.TYYL
Mapcode Global: VH3LG.NW6Z
Entry Name: Former National School
Listing Date: 28 November 2003
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 82155
Building Class: Education
Location: Situated on E side of Llanllwch churchyard, by the lychgate.
Community: Carmarthen (Caerfyrddin)
Built-Up Area: Carmarthen
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Church school, now hall, built as National School in 1850 to designs by R. Barrett of Carmarthen.
Former school now hall, one storey and basement, roughcast with slate roof and end stacks, the left end a small brick stack, the right end with a pair of short octagonal shafts. E front has 3 large pointed window and door set low to right. Windows have late C19 or early C20 timber Y-tracery, door is plain boarded and reached up flight of 5 external steps. Basement has 2 boarded doors, one to extreme left and one left of centre. N end wall has 2 similar pointed windows. Rear has 2 similar pointed windows, basement low opening and added rear wing to right.
Included as a church school of 1850 retaining simple C19 character, of group value with the church.
Other nearby listed buildings