This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8566 / 51°51'23"N
Longitude: -4.3119 / 4°18'43"W
OS Eastings: 240878
OS Northings: 220079
OS Grid: SN408200
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T72B
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.6LSM
Entry Name: Hamilton House
Listing Date: 28 November 2003
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 82161
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated on the street line some 90m W of the junction with Water Street.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Terraced house of probable C19 origin with later C19 detail (marked on 1834 map but with late C19 detail). Commercial premises on ground floor, Occupied in 1926 by E. B. Rees dentist and Miss E.M. Rawcliffe, confectioner, in mid C20 by P.D. Lewis, decorators, and in 2002 by laundrette. The timber bracketed eaves cornice appears elsewhere in the street, e.g on Nos 38-40.
House in informal terrace, with ground floor shop, painted lined stucco with slate gabled roof, ridge higher than those of either side, and with bracketed wooden eaves cornice. Square panels between brackets. Three-storey 3-window range, upper 2 floors with broad plate glass sashes with marginal glazing bars. Ground floor has plinth, house doorway to left, and to right shop front with recessed half-glazed door and blanked overlight at right in casing of part-fluted pilasters with roundels and paired brackets each side of plain fascia. House door is 2-panelled with coloured glass overlight reading ''Hamilton House''. Mosaic on floor of shop doorway reading ''P.D. Lewis House Decorator''.
Included as a late Georgian style terraced house with later C19 shopfront.
Other nearby listed buildings