This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.915 / 51°54'53"N
Longitude: -4.6584 / 4°39'30"W
OS Eastings: 217263
OS Northings: 227390
OS Grid: SN172273
Mapcode National: GBR CZ.PK69
Mapcode Global: VH2NN.64N9
Entry Name: Plas
Listing Date: 10 February 2004
Last Amended: 10 February 2004
Source ID: 82458
Location: Approximately 0.9km SW of Hebron Chapel, set back from a minor road between Hebron and Efailwen.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Also known historically as Plas Llanglydwen, a house was in existence here by 1731, but the present house is later, probably early C19, and is shown on the 1845 Tithe map as a tenant farm.
A 2-storey 3-window house of rubble stone, whitened in the upper storey, and corrugated iron roof with roughcast end stacks, larger to the L. Openings are unequally placed and are beneath stone segmental heads. The boarded door is flanked by 12-pane horned sash windows, smaller in the upper storey.
Listed as a well-preserved early C19 house forming a strong visual group with the stable and cart house.
Other nearby listed buildings