This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9183 / 51°55'5"N
Longitude: -4.6466 / 4°38'47"W
OS Eastings: 218082
OS Northings: 227724
OS Grid: SN180277
Mapcode National: GBR D0.P82Y
Mapcode Global: VH2NN.D1VS
Entry Name: Y Bwthyn, Hebron Chapel
Listing Date: 10 February 2004
Last Amended: 10 February 2004
Source ID: 82463
Location: Immediately behind, and within, the graveyard of Hebron Chapel, facing a road to Berllan-dawel Farm.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Hebron Chapel was founded in 1803. The cottage could be slightly earlier, although it was probably used later as a minister's or caretaker's house. It is shown on the 1845 Tithe map, by which time it was owned by the chapel.
A single-storey cottage of limewashed rubble stone, corrugated asbestos-cement roof, a large square stack to the L, smaller stack to the R, both roughcast. Openings are offset to the R of centre. A boarded door under a wooden lintel is flanked by 2-pane sashes. To the L end is a small fireplace light. A lower extension on the L side, of similar materials but partly rebuilt in brick, has a full-height boarded door and fixed window to its L. In the rear elevation of the cottage is a fixed pane window centre-L under a wooden lintel, a small-pane casement window L under the eaves, and small replaced window to the R. The extension has a fixed rear window.
Listed as a small cottage, once characteristic of the region, retaining vernacular character.
Other nearby listed buildings