This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7427 / 51°44'33"N
Longitude: -5.1099 / 5°6'35"W
OS Eastings: 185395
OS Northings: 209461
OS Grid: SM853094
Mapcode National: GBR G4.DB22
Mapcode Global: VH1RQ.CGYF
Entry Name: Lower Hasguard
Listing Date: 30 April 2004
Last Amended: 30 April 2004
Source ID: 82680
Building Class: Domestic
Location: At Hasguard some 100m S of the derelict Church of Saint Peter.
Community: Walwyn's Castle (Castell Gwalchmai)
Community: Walwyn's Castle
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Farmhouse, probably late C18. Recorded 1786 as owned by Sir William Hamilton and a Mr Martin, let to tenants. Farmed by John George, 1926.
Farmhouse, painted stucco with slate roof and end stacks. Two storeys, two bays with twelve-pane sashes in left bay, and over door to right, and then another closely right of door with small roundel to right of right window. Lower lofted range to right, with right end chimney. Ground floor has 12-pane sash to left, then lean-to porch, then C20 window and with tiny window under eaves above, then outside steps to loft door. Small outbuilding on right end with square window.
Outbuildings attached to left with roofs stepping down away from house.
House has rear outshut.
Included as a late C18 farmhouse of character.
Other nearby listed buildings