This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5135 / 52°30'48"N
Longitude: -3.9744 / 3°58'27"W
OS Eastings: 266112
OS Northings: 292454
OS Grid: SN661924
Mapcode National: GBR 8X.GN34
Mapcode Global: VH4F1.227Z
Entry Name: Ty'n y Wern and front wall with railings
Listing Date: 28 May 2004
Last Amended: 28 May 2004
Source ID: 82832
Location: Situated on the northern side of Tre'r Ddol on the A487 and being the last house of the village
Locality: Tre'r Ddol
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
House, formerly known as Wesley House, built in 1871 for the Wesleyan ministers of Capel Soar, to designs by David Rees of Tre Taliesin.
Detached house of two storeys and three bays. Slate gabled roof with rubble stone chimneys to left and right, and deep bracketed eaves. Coursed rubble stone facade with and orange brick voussoirs to windows. Four-pane horned sashes apart from narrower 2-pane centre window over narrow centre door. Slate steps up to recessed 4-panel door with panelled reveals and plain rectangular overlight in painted timber doorcase with pilasters, frieze and cornice. Single storey rubble stone lean-to to right. Left end has two aligned 4-pane horned sash windows towards rear.
Raised front garden with stone retaining wall with wrought iron railings with arrow headed finials and urn finials to stanchions. Similar gate on road level, from which five slate steps lead up to garden level.
Included as a well-preserved and well-detailed later C19 village house, still in the Georgian tradition. Well-documented history as the manse for Capel Soar.
Other nearby listed buildings