This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.994 / 51°59'38"N
Longitude: -3.7946 / 3°47'40"W
OS Eastings: 276877
OS Northings: 234360
OS Grid: SN768343
Mapcode National: GBR Y4.JHDY
Mapcode Global: VH5F3.54SQ
Entry Name: ,13,High Street,Llandovery,,,SA20 0Pu
Listing Date: 18 June 2004
Last Amended: 18 June 2004
Source ID: 82859
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated opposite Lloyds Bank, about 60m E of junction with Castle Street.
Community: Llandovery (Llanymddyfri)
Built-Up Area: Llandovery
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Terraced house probably of 1823, apparently of one build with No 15, both built like No 5 for D Thomas, maltster and mercer, (1790-1876), and then owned by D P Powell. No 13 was of 2 bays but the windows of the left bay have been removed since 1926. It was a private school kept by Miss Lucy Lens in the early 1830s, when Anne Lens, milliner, was at the same address. W Goulstone, painter and decorator was occupant in 1841, William Jenkins 1843-5, then Edward Davies auctioneer c1844-46. By 1866 occupied by James Watkins and in 1890s by David Thomas. There was a malthouse behind Nos 13-15.
Terraced house of 3 storeys and one aligned window bay originally of 2 bays. Slate gabled roof and red brick chimney stack to right, apparently shared with No. 11. Deep eaves. Painted roughcast with smooth plinth and simple shouldered and keyed door and window surrounds. 2nd floor square window is C20 replacement for a sash, others are 4-pane horned sashes. Steps up to recessed left hand doorway, against party wall with No 15. C20 door with plain, rectangular overlight .
Included as a house of single C19 character, part of a continuous row on High Street with good Georgian character.
Other nearby listed buildings