This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9404 / 51°56'25"N
Longitude: -4.6379 / 4°38'16"W
OS Eastings: 218771
OS Northings: 230166
OS Grid: SN187301
Mapcode National: GBR D0.MXZJ
Mapcode Global: VH2NG.KHGB
Entry Name: Nant Saeson
Listing Date: 18 June 2004
Last Amended: 18 June 2004
Source ID: 82935
Location: Reached by a minor road and track N off the Glandwr to Pentre-galar road some 1.5km N of the centre of Glandwr.
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Farmhouse, C18, the slate window heads possibly earlier C19. Mention of will of John Devonald of Nantysaeson 1753, John Morse of Graig and Nantysaeson mentioned in vestry book, 1800. Marked on 1844 Tithe map as cottages owned by Thomas Morse of Graig. The house is said to have started as one room with cow-byre in upper end.
House, white-painted rubble stone with imitation-slate close-eaved roof and roughcast end stacks, larger to right. Two storeys, three-window facade much offset to left. Openings have striking slate lintels incised as if with voussoirs. Twelve-pane horned sashes with slate sills and centre half-glazed door. To extreme right is tiny fireplace window, also with slate incised head. Right end wall has former door with similar head, now window and two pairs of dove holes in gable with slate shelf to each pair. To right, in end wall of outshut, is small 12-pane hornless sash with slate head and small casement over. Outshut rear with door, triple casement under long timber lintel and small window with stone lintel. Small casement pair to first floor under eaves above. Left end of house has small window each floor in end of outshut.
Included as a regional C18 farmhouse which has retained its character and is unusual for its incised slate window heads.
Other nearby listed buildings