This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6408 / 52°38'26"N
Longitude: -3.7165 / 3°42'59"W
OS Eastings: 283947
OS Northings: 306164
OS Grid: SH839061
Mapcode National: GBR 97.6RMD
Mapcode Global: WH688.WWDD
Entry Name: Brithonfa
Listing Date: 5 August 2004
Last Amended: 5 August 2004
Source ID: 83003
Location: Set back from the main road 0.4km S of the church, its S gable end bordering a narrow lane.
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Probably C18 originally. Blocked openings suggest that the house was refenestrated and possibly remodelled in the early-mid C19. Shown on the tithe map of 1841.
Symmetrical 2-storey 3-window house constructed of random stone under a renewed slate roof with stone end stacks. Central boarded door with small light under a timber lintel flanked by 12-pane hornless sash windows. Three similar windows aligned above, rising to eaves. Evidence for earlier openings with timber lintels to the outer sides of the ground floor windows. Rear, partly visible, has 2 ground floor openings with segmental brick heads, and a 2-light wooden casement to the upper R.
No access to interior at time of inspection.
Listed as a C18-19 village house retaining vernacular character.
Other nearby listed buildings