This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6569 / 52°39'24"N
Longitude: -3.7007 / 3°42'2"W
OS Eastings: 285062
OS Northings: 307937
OS Grid: SH850079
Mapcode National: GBR 98.5PHZ
Mapcode Global: WH689.4G1Z
Entry Name: Fach Uchaf
Listing Date: 5 August 2004
Last Amended: 5 August 2004
Source ID: 83014
Location: Situated on a track off the S side of the lane through Cwm Llinau, approx. 0.6km E of the A470.
Locality: Cwm Llinau
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Probably early C19 and shown on the Tithe map of 1841.
Two-storey 2-window farmhouse, constructed of large blocks of roughly coursed stone under a slate roof with stone end stacks. Central entrance with C20 half-glazed wooden door under a large stone lintel, flanked by 16-pane hornless sash windows. That to the L is larger with a stone lintel, the smaller window to the R with a renewed concrete lintel. A 9-pane wooden window has been inserted immediately to its R, in front of the chimney, also with a concrete lintel. Sash windows to upper storey beneath eaves and aligned with those below; that to L is again larger. No openings to E gable end. To the R is a single-storey range, now altered, and probably a service range or outbuilding originally. It has a late C20 half-glazed door to the L and a C20 casement window to L of centre, to the R of which is a lean-to shed. W gable end and rear not seen.
No access to interior at time of inspection.
Listed as an early C19 farmhouse retaining its vernacular Georgian character, notwithstanding some alteration to detail.
Other nearby listed buildings