This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4411 / 52°26'27"N
Longitude: -3.2417 / 3°14'30"W
OS Eastings: 315694
OS Northings: 283296
OS Grid: SO156832
Mapcode National: GBR 9W.M8K4
Mapcode Global: VH68J.RXM0
Entry Name: Tynycwm
Listing Date: 24 August 2004
Last Amended: 24 August 2004
Source ID: 83074
Location: Approximately 1.3km N of Crug-y-Byddar church, reached by farm track on the W side of a minor road between Felindre and Anchor.
Community: Beguildy (Bugeildy)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
A mid C19 farmhouse first shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey.
A 2-storey house of rubble stone with slate roof and brick stacks R of centre and to the L end. The 4-window front has openings grouped 3 1 that includes, on the R side, a single-unit back kitchen with entrance in the gable end. The front entrance is central to the main group of windows and has a replaced part-glazed door. Windows are 2-light casements, under stone segmental heads in the lower storey, shorter and beneath the eaves in the upper storey. The window above the entrance is also narrower. The R gable end has a segmental-headed doorway with boarded door, above which is an inserted window. The L gable end has a segmental-headed cellar opening.
Listed for its special architectural interest as an almost unaltered mid C19 farmhouse, a type once common but rarely well preserved in this region.