This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1186 / 52°7'7"N
Longitude: -3.3451 / 3°20'42"W
OS Eastings: 307997
OS Northings: 247556
OS Grid: SO079475
Mapcode National: GBR YR.8LWY
Mapcode Global: VH6B6.Y0YP
Entry Name: Multi-purpose farm building at Dan-y-Coed Farm
Listing Date: 24 September 2004
Last Amended: 24 September 2004
Source ID: 83141
Location: On the S side of the farmhouse and forming the E side of the yard.
Built-Up Area: Builth Wells
Traditional County: Radnorshire
An early C19 cart shed and cow house shown on the 1843 Tithe map, to which a stable was added at the downhill end, probably contemporary with the rebuilding of the farmhouse in the late C19, which is shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey.
Comprising a lofted cart shed and cow house, with later stable at the downhill end under a lower roof line and separated from the cow house by a vertical joint. Walls are rubble stone, the roofs corrugated iron. The 2-bay cart shed is at the L end, and retains one pair of boarded doors under a weatherboarded loft with 2 shuttered openings. The cow house has 4 lintelled doorways with split boarded doors and 2 shuttered loft openings. In the uphill gable end is a loft doorway and attached kennel. The stable has 2 doors and 2 windows, all under stone segmental heads, of which the L-hand doorway has double doors, and the narrower doorway R of centre a boarded door under an overlight. Two loft openings have boarded shutters. A farmyard wall is attached at the downhill end.
Listed as a well-preserved C19 farm building and for group value with the farmhouse.
Other nearby listed buildings