This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5436 / 52°32'36"N
Longitude: -3.9049 / 3°54'17"W
OS Eastings: 270919
OS Northings: 295675
OS Grid: SN709956
Mapcode National: GBR 90.DTF9
Mapcode Global: VH4DW.8BJF
Entry Name: Dynyn
Listing Date: 23 November 2004
Last Amended: 23 November 2004
Source ID: 83259
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated down long track at end of lane past Cymerau, some 3 km from Eglwys Fach.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Farmhouse, mid to later C19 in isolated upland site. A house marked on site on 1845 Tithe map was owned by Lewis Pugh, owner also of Cymerau, occupied by R. Jenkins. In Eglwys Fach churchyard memorials to William Evans died 1884, David Jenkins died 1886. Occupied by John Oliver 1926.
The house was probably rebuilt c. 1860, but still with the vernacular offset plan.
Farmhouse, rubble stone with dressed quoins and brick heads to openings. Slate roof with deep eaves and stone end stacks. Two storeys, three bays, the left windows set closer to centre bay to allow for larger kitchen chimney. Big 16-pane sashes with slate sills and red brick heads and centre framed board door with 4-pane overlight, with similar brick head. Overhanging verges at gable ends, windowless left end. Rear has 3 similar 16-pane sashes to frist floor, two to ground floor and door with concrete lintel in place of right window. Sloping buttress between ground floor windows.
Altered lower outbuilding attached to right of house with one window and door.
Included as a substantial farmhouse in the regional late Georgian style, though probably mid to later C19.
Other nearby listed buildings