This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4027 / 52°24'9"N
Longitude: -3.5006 / 3°30'2"W
OS Eastings: 298004
OS Northings: 279353
OS Grid: SN980793
Mapcode National: GBR 9J.PQT1
Mapcode Global: VH5C4.8WQ0
Entry Name: Lower Fedw
Listing Date: 14 December 2004
Last Amended: 14 December 2004
Source ID: 83377
Location: Approximately 1.2km SE of Tylwch, reached by farm road on the E side of the B4518.
Community: St. Harmon (Saint Harmon)
Community: St. Harmon
Traditional County: Radnorshire
An early C19 house shown on the 1833 OS, and on the 1839 Tithe map.
A 2-storey 3-window farmhouse of rubble stone, corrugated asbestos-cement roof on projecting eaves, stone stack to the R (part clad in corrugated iron) and blue-brick stack to the L. Openings are offset to the R side and are beneath freestone segmental heads. The central entrance has a boarded door and overlight. Windows are 16-pane horned sashes. The L gable end is rendered. Behind is a continuous outshut.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a well-preserved early C19 farmhouse in the Georgian tradition, of definite quality and character.