This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3859 / 52°23'9"N
Longitude: -3.5095 / 3°30'34"W
OS Eastings: 297364
OS Northings: 277500
OS Grid: SN973775
Mapcode National: GBR 9J.QW1G
Mapcode Global: VH5CB.491B
Entry Name: Sychnant Fach
Listing Date: 14 December 2004
Last Amended: 14 December 2004
Source ID: 83382
Location: Approximately 80m NW of Sychnant Presbyterian church, on the N side of a minor road W of the B4518.
Community: St. Harmon (Saint Harmon)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
An early C19 house shown on the 1839 Tithe map, but subsequently altered with enlarged windows in the late C19.
A 2-storey 2-window house of whitened rubble stone, slate roof and end brick stacks. Openings are offset slightly to the L, and have brick dressings and segmental heads in the lower storey. The central entrance has a fielded-panel door. Horned sash windows are 12-pane in the lower storey and 9-pane in the upper storey. The rear has an added lean-to.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a C19 house retaining original character and as part of a well-preserved small C19 farmstead, a type once characteristic of upland Radnorshire.
Other nearby listed buildings