This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.967 / 51°58'1"N
Longitude: -3.3764 / 3°22'34"W
OS Eastings: 305536
OS Northings: 230731
OS Grid: SO055307
Mapcode National: GBR YP.LC3L
Mapcode Global: VH6BS.FTDG
Entry Name: Telephone call-box in Llanddew (01874 622280)
Listing Date: 25 January 2005
Last Amended: 25 January 2005
Source ID: 83497
Building Class: Communications
Location: Near the church on the SW side of the crossroads in the centre of Llanddew village.
Community: Llanddew (Llan-ddew)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Telephone kiosk of type designed in 1936 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott for the GPO. This one made after 1953, by the Carron Co., Stirlingshire.
Telephone kiosk, red-painted cast-iron with shallow Soaneian dome, the lunettes with Elizabeth II crowns over glazed panels lettered ''Telephone''. Sides and door have glazing in vertical row of eight long panes each with marginal pane each side, door glazing is cast-iron set in wood. Makers plate to rear.
Included for group value with the parish church and lychgate in the village centre.
Other nearby listed buildings